Alfred “Terry” Sanford is an experienced real estate broker and a Nantucket native. Terry has worked as a full time agent since 2000. During this span he has been recognized as a top agent in a number of markets including Boston, Manhattan and Nantucket and he has successfully closed over 250 transactions with total value exceeding $200 million.
Buying: Terry spent a large portion of his career specializing as an exclusive buyer’s agent. Focusing on one side of the transaction for an extended period of time has helped him to develop a unique set of tools and techniques which in turn allow him deliver better results for his clients. As a buyer’s agent, his approach is simple. He never works as a dual agent and he doesn’t “sell” houses. Terry’s goal is to educate his clients to a point where they can make smart decisions for themselves and then to help them execute on those decisions.
Selling: Every real estate agent will tell you that they are going to sell your home but the truth is that less than 10% of the time the agent that lists a home will be the one who actually sells it. The other 90% of the time your agent will cooperate with another agent (often from a competing firm) who has a relationship with a buyer. This outside agent can make or break a sale and recognizing this fact drastically changes a smart seller’s strategy. Terry has developed a unique approach that ensures cooperating agents will work towards, not against the sale of your home.
If you would like to work with Terry or to simply learn more please contact him using the form below.